The weather really messed with my plans last week – and it’s supposed to snow this weekend so I don’t think this week is going to be much better. I need some decent weather so I can work on my vegetable garden beds. My lettuce, broccoli and cabbage are getting impatient.
But hope springs eternal – so here is the plan for this week (most a hold-over from last week).
Plan for this week:
- Amend and level new garden beds (if the weather permits and the soil dries out)
- Try again to expose lettuce, cabbage, broccoli and onion starts to the outdoors to harden them off. Plant them out at the end of the week. (fingers crossed)
- Treat for evil, seedling eating slugs... I know they are out there, even if it is a bit cold.
- Dig out more of those spring weeds.
How did I do last week?
No so good. I spent some effort trying to cover the hydrangeas in hope of getting flowers this year. I’m not sure how much good it did.
I did do one item...
- Take time to admire all the spring bulbs – check, I even brought some inside!
Maybe we'll just start eating the lettuce right out of the tray...