More seed starting this week. This is the time I start my tomatoes because I pot them up from the flats into 4 inch pots a few weeks before they go into the garden. They get a little bigger and have a bit more root mass.
Plan for this week:
- Start 2 flats of tomatoes.
- Start flowers that require 8 weeks to grow in trays to be transplanted into flats once they have true leaves.
- Shear the tips of onion starts if needed.
- Conduct soil test in the vegetable garden.
How did I do last week?
- Get seed starting shelves/lighting set up. - Check
- Start onion and scallion seeds. - Check
- Start perennial and cold weather flowers. - Check
- Start a flat of cabbage and broccoli. - Check
- Start a flat of lettuce. - Check
- Start parsley in peat pellets. – Check
We had an amazing day of warm, spring like weather so I took the opportunity to do some garden clean up and some pruning. – Bonus!
The next day it snowed and the temperature dropped 30 degrees. I guess it really is still winter.